Posted: 24 Apr 2017
The skills that are most sought after among employers in Ireland have been listed by Linkedin Corporation.
Cloud and Distributed Computing topped the list for the second year in a row – it was also the most in demand skill globally.
The annual list by the world’s largest online professional network is developed by analysing all of the recruiting activity on LinkedIn since January.
– Cloud and Distributed Computing (no change)
– Statistical Analysis and Data Mining (no change)
– Web Architecture and Development Framework (up three places from 2015)
– Network and Information Security (up one place from 2015)
– SEO/SEM Marketing (fell two places since 2015)
– Marketing Campaign Management (new entry)
– Software Revision Control Systems (up three places from 2015)
– Middleware and Integration Software (fell four places since 2015)
– Mobile Development (fell one place since 2015)
– Recruiting (up six places from 2015)
Demand remains high for tech skills because they are no longer confined to the tech industry and are needed in nearly every industry and county in the country.
Stay tuned for our next Eolas Blog.Previous Page
16 Jul 2019
While Dublin was recently ranked the number one large city in the world for foreign direct investment, there is huge pressure on accommodation in the capital. Eolas Recruitment increasingly finds...
2 Jul 2019
A complaint we often hear from employers when hiring for tech roles is that “nobody wants to do a day’s work anymore”. Usually, the employer gets this impression when a candidate appears more...