Posted: 24 Apr 2017
The skills that are most sought after among employers in Ireland have been listed by Linkedin Corporation.
Cloud and Distributed Computing topped the list for the second year in a row – it was also the most in demand skill globally.
The annual list by the world’s largest online professional network is developed by analysing all of the recruiting activity on LinkedIn since January.
– Cloud and Distributed Computing (no change)
– Statistical Analysis and Data Mining (no change)
– Web Architecture and Development Framework (up three places from 2015)
– Network and Information Security (up one place from 2015)
– SEO/SEM Marketing (fell two places since 2015)
– Marketing Campaign Management (new entry)
– Software Revision Control Systems (up three places from 2015)
– Middleware and Integration Software (fell four places since 2015)
– Mobile Development (fell one place since 2015)
– Recruiting (up six places from 2015)
Demand remains high for tech skills because they are no longer confined to the tech industry and are needed in nearly every industry and county in the country.
Stay tuned for our next Eolas Blog.Previous Page
15 Jan 2019
Usually, employers look for a blend of general competencies—such as evidence of good communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others—alongside technical competencies specific to...
9 Jan 2019
An ESRI examination of the labour market transitions of minimum wage workers shows that over a nine month period, approximately 30 percent of minimum wage employees transitioned to higher pay, with...