Posted: 24 Apr 2017
The skills that are most sought after among employers in Ireland have been listed by Linkedin Corporation.
Cloud and Distributed Computing topped the list for the second year in a row – it was also the most in demand skill globally.
The annual list by the world’s largest online professional network is developed by analysing all of the recruiting activity on LinkedIn since January.
– Cloud and Distributed Computing (no change)
– Statistical Analysis and Data Mining (no change)
– Web Architecture and Development Framework (up three places from 2015)
– Network and Information Security (up one place from 2015)
– SEO/SEM Marketing (fell two places since 2015)
– Marketing Campaign Management (new entry)
– Software Revision Control Systems (up three places from 2015)
– Middleware and Integration Software (fell four places since 2015)
– Mobile Development (fell one place since 2015)
– Recruiting (up six places from 2015)
Demand remains high for tech skills because they are no longer confined to the tech industry and are needed in nearly every industry and county in the country.
Stay tuned for our next Eolas Blog.Previous Page
12 Mar 2019
Revised immigration arrangements for the spouses and de facto partners of persons with permission to reside in Ireland on the basis of a Critical Skills Employment Permit (CSEP) were announced on 6...
26 Feb 2019
Many IT professionals dream of advancing their career but hesitate when it comes to starting a job search. Some are afraid of leaving their comfort zone and stepping into the unknown. Others suffer...