Windows IT Engineer (6-month contract)
A brand-new role just opened with a great client based in Dublin South. They are looking for an Windows IT Support Engineer for 6 months and if the role goes well, the role could go perm.
A brand-new role just opened with a great client based in Dublin South. They are looking for a Windows IT Support Engineer for 6 months and if the role goes well they will seek head count approval for a permanent person in 2019. The client is located minutes from the M50 and the location is also accessible by bus from the City Centre and is on the Green Luas Line. The role could become a permanent long term for the right candidate, therefore, the client is looking for someone living in Dublin Southside who has access to Sandyford location.
The successful candidate will have 2+ years of experience providing 1st and 2nd level support (50/50%). The role reports to the IT manager, the IT Support Engineer will be involved in managing the demanding IT needs of a multinational technology company, including caring for the network and Internet infrastructure, providing build management support for the client’s development team and technical support for their worldwide offices.
This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to broaden their technical skills and make an active contribution in a multinational company.
- Provide the world-class IT support the company needs:
- Respond for 1st and 2ndlevel support queries (mainly Windows Server/ Active Directory and Office 365 / exchange support)
- Work closely with other IT staff and engineers
- Ensure all IT equipment complies with industry standards
- Carry out routine security checks and undertake preventative measures to maintain network security
- Analyse and resolve faults – from major system crashes to forgotten passwords
- Manage email, anti-spam and virus protection
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Monitor network usage
- Install, support and maintain new server hardware and server infrastructure
- Work with the Development team to setup and maintain the build environment
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Windows OS, Exchange Server and TCP/IP
- Sound technical knowledge of IT security, networking protocols, software and hardware devices, firewall and VPN configuration, remote access, backups, content filtering, malware and virus protection
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and you must be a quick learner……
- Ability to think and work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to correctly and assertively prioritise work, handle a range of different concurrent issues and handle user enquiries efficiently
- Nice to have only – Some experience of Linux systems and sql server.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, adapt to change and share knowledge with others in your team
- 2-4 years’ experience although exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered
- Third-level degree or equivalent experience