Web Front End Developer
€50,000 - €65,000
Dublin based high end insurance company requires an experienced Web Front End Developer for their new cross functional, co-located delivery teams
Job / Role Overview
My client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Web Front End Developer to join their expanding IT team, responsible for the development and maintenance of our mission critical applications. The successful Web Developer will report to the eCommerce Technical Lead and will be involved in the redesign and expansion of their online platform
They have recently moved to a new delivery model to utilize small, cross functional, co-located delivery teams where each team has full responsibility for delivering value to the business.
- Participate on projects, clarifying the business requirements, performing systems analysis, development and modification activities, as well as related maintenance & support.
- Assist in planning sessions with the business users to analyze business requirements, and provide design recommendations.
- Work on complex projects that require both depth and breadth of knowledge in a number of technologies and the business.
- Translate business and technical requirements into business application systems.
- Write concise and clear technical specifications based on analysis of complex business requirements.
- Document systems, applications and new procedures to Industry standards
- Develop and modify complex software systems using disciplined software development processes.
- A proven record of delivering sophisticated Web UI.
- 2-5 year’s experience in front-end development.
Education & Training
- Third Level Qualification in Computer Science / IT or relevant work experience
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Exposure with front-end frameworks such as AngularJS, Angular 2, React, is a must have, whether in a commercial or personal environment.
- Experience with BDD, TDD; testing frameworks such as Jasmine, Mocha, Protractor
- Experienced with JSON based REST services
- Experience with (Sass or LESS), as well as responsive web design techniques and cross-browser compatibility
- Self-starter with a proactive approach.
- Knowledge of agile principles, tools, and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral & written) skills. An ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Ability to work as a team member and on your own initiative.
- Must be methodical, high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Advantageous: Bootstrap v3+, TypeScript, interest in UX design