Unix System Administrator
Dublin City Centre
€35,000 - €45,000
Dublin City Centre FinTech client requires a Unix System Administrator to join their team on a permanent position
- Providing support for various teams (e.g Helpdesk, Application Support, Development, QA) to ensure availability and reliability of the server environment and support the business
- Resolve low complexity issues and challenges related to UNIX server incidents, including hardware and software of the server environment to ensure issues are resolved in accordance with incident management processes and guidelines. Assist other team members in the resolution of low complexity server incidents by providing expertise and guidance as required. Perform less complex changes/fixes and maintain documentation as required.
- Participate in the installation, configuration, and management of UNIX Server infrastructure applications to ensure the effective operation of the server environment to meet business requirements.
- Ensure UNIX server environment is aligned with company information security and policy standards, and industry regulations. Take corrective action when required to ensure compliance and mitigate risk.
- Participate in major release upgrade of UNIX OS, Hardware and software and/or new technology deployment in the UNIX area to ensure continued life cycle and reliability of the UNIX hardware and software and meet business requirements.
- Coach the UNIX Support analysts to develop their capability and ensure work is completed to standard and within required time frames
- Minimum 2 years’ working experience in UNIX/Linux delivery and support area
- Strong customer focus skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux technologies such as UNIX/Linux operating system, storage and file systems, virtualization, high availability cluster, centralized UNIX ID/group/privilege management, backup and restore
- Knowledge of UNIX hardware such as Cisco UCS, IBM etc.
- Knowledge of UNIX OS, software and hardware life cycle
- Knowledge of vulnerability management, patching management
- Knowledge of capacity and performance monitoring and management
- In depth knowledge of ILTL process especially change management process
- Basic scripting skills, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- College Diploma/University Degree in related field and/or equivalent experience
Working Hours & Benefits
- 40 hours per week
- Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work-Life Balance