Unix Administrator (SOLARIS)
Dublin City Centre
I am currently looking for a Unix (Solaris) Administrator to join a top client in Dublin.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing 3rd Level Support across over 300 Solaris OS instances both physical and virtual across M-Series, T-Series and Legacy V-Series hardware.
- 5 plus years’ experience supporting Solaris Operating Systems
- Administrative skills configuring and managing high availability and clustered technologies and environments.
- Significant experience working on Solaris M-Series and T-Series hardware
- Administrative skills in performance analysis and performance tuning.
- Demonstrate significant experience in Capacity planning
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot configuration issues, performance issues with both physical and virtual servers.
- Ability to make recommendations on best practices for Solaris Operating Systems
- Ability to patch Solaris OS instances across physical and virtual – LDOM and Zones
- Able to plan and execute Solaris OS upgrades
- Ability to develop and manage system documentation including standard operating procedures and routine status reports; and script development, testing and implementation.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience for the following: – provisioning, virtualization, monitoring, automation and performance tuning.
- Demonstrate an ability to do firmware upgrades
- Experienced or knowledgeable in audit/governance/compliance/risk within a Solaris server infrastructure environment.
- Should have a very good understanding of ITIL process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, good customer handling skills and experience in working with virtual customers and teams.
Nice to have skills:
- Hands-on experience with Oracle physical servers.
- Server patching experience on LDOMS and Zones.
- Experience in VCS Clusters –preferably implementation and troubleshooting
- Performing firmware upgrades
- Performance tuning on both virtual and physical servers.