Dublin City Centre
A brand-new role just opened with a great client in Dublin. My client is looking for a Unix Administrator to join their team.
The key flavours needed are Solaris and Linux but they will look at AIX people as well.
- 3-5+ years of experience working as a Unix administrator
- Experience providing advance level 2 Unix support
- Amin skills in performance analysis and tuning and environment configuration
- Experience in capacity planning
- Diagnose and troubleshoot configuration issues, performance issues with both physical and virtual servers.
- Create and manage system documentation including standard operating procedures and routine status reports; and script development, testing and implementation.
- Hand-on experience with provisioning, virtualization, monitoring, automation and performance tuning.
- Experience upgrading firmware
- Understanding of ITIL process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional and virtual teams
Nice to have skills:
- Hands-on experience with Solaris and Linux Server are ideal
- Server patching experience
- Performance tuning on both virtual and physical servers.