Test Engineer – Perm
Dublin City Centre
Neg - Depending on experience
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Test Engineer. This is a permanent role with an excellent. The successful candidate will review project documentation and write test cases, you w
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Test Engineer. This is a permanent role with an excellent. The successful candidate will review project documentation and write test cases, you will also set up and execute those test cases.
Responsibilities / Skills Required
Test Planning & Reporting
- Input to test project estimation & scheduling.
- Input to test planning, sequencing, dependencies.
- Weekly status reporting against the agreed plan.
Reviewing and interpreting the test basis and test object (via Business Requirements Documents, Functional & Technical Specifications).
- Identifying and prioritising test conditions.
- Designing and prioritising test cases.
- Identifying test data to support the test cases.
- Creating bi-directional traceability between test basis and test cases.
- Developing and prioritising test procedures.
- Executing test procedures according to the planned sequence.
- Logging the outcome of test execution and comparing expected & actual results.
- Analysing & logging defects.
- Confirmation and regression testing resulting from defect fixes.
- IT national certificate or higher
- ISTQB® Certified Tester – Foundation Level advantageous
- Experience in a formal IT testing environment
- Mainframe experience