€45,000 - €55,000
The Test Coordinator will be responsible for planning, estimating, controlling and reporting on all test activities with a direct line report into the Programme Test Manager.
Job / Role Overview
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Test Coordinator seeking to progress their career in Test Management to join my clients expanding IT team responsible for the development and maintenance of their mission critical applications. As a member of the IST team, the Test Coordinator will oversee two work streams of test activity on a busy programme to ensure that the quality of software being released into the Production environment is of a consistently high standard. The Test Coordinator will be responsible for planning, estimating, controlling and reporting on all test activities with a direct line report into the Programme Test Manager.
- Review functional, non-functional, regression and integration test scripts for correctness and coverage
- Provide metrics for all testing activities including planning, preparation, execution, defect management
- Prepare daily report and weekly reports on work stream output and Analyse requirements to ensure they are testable
- Provide Test estimates for test specification, test execution and regression test activities for each work stream
- Provide input to and support the rollout of processes to support continuous improvement in the Test discipline.
- A minimum of 6 years software testing experience, with 3 years relevant experience in a Test Team Lead role (financial services preferred).
- A good working knowledge of General Insurance products, processes and systems/platforms would be of advantage
- Extensive experience in report generation using Test Management tools (HP Quality Centre would be of advantage)
- Demonstrable experience of writing SQL scripts for data extraction and validation purposes
- Experience in dealing with both internal & external stakeholders, technical & non-technical.
- Experience in formal reporting to senior management
- Experience in implementing a Test Automation Strategy
- Extensive experience using Excel macros
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- ISTQB (or equivalent) Foundation Level certification
- A thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Proactive, willing to take the initiative and associated responsibility.
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to interpret user requirements, detailed technical and functional specifications and apply this information to plan, develop and execute test scenarios and scripts