Test Automation Engineer
Our Financial Services Client is look for a Software Engineer to join their team on a Permanent Basis. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all areas of Test Automation.
Our Client is seeking a Software Engineer with particular strengths in relation to test automation in a continuous delivery environment. The client is looking for a talented individual who can become productive very quickly and has a track record for high quality delivery.
Responsible for all areas of test automation, including building and maintaining test frameworks;
- Implement best of breed, scalable solutions according to defined patterns and practices;
- Responsible for application integration testing with all required systems, databases and services;
- Responsible for the application functionality, performance and scalability testing;
- Responsible for working with the Product Owner to understand business requirements and carry out quality assurance checks on the developed solutions;
- Work as part of a Scrum team using Agile practices and adhering to the values and principles.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Experience of writing a test framework or at a minimum maintaining one;
- Experience of using an automated maven build, to trigger tests;
- Excellent knowledge of the maven lifecycle;
- Good Java development Skills and experience of writing unit, integration and BDD Tests;
- Experience of writing BDD Test suites with Gherkin, Cucumber and Junit;
- Experience of best of breed practices in relation to test delivery;
- Has worked in highly automated CI/CD environments;
- Excellent java and git skills;
- Has written automated tests using one of the following Frameworks Serenity, Ranorex
- TestRail, Semaphore, TestComplete or Applause.
- Database- MDM Tooling, Hands on experience of database script management using
Redgate, Datical, MS SQL Server or other Relational Database;
- Networking & Communication Protocols – DNS, TCPIP, UDP, HTTP HTTPS, SSL, FTP, SCP, SOAP & REST;
- Languages Java 8, MS SQL, C#, Powershell & Bash;
- Testing Frameworks & Tooling, BDD, Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit, NUnit, JQuery, Selenium;
- Other: OAuth, SAML, SMTP, MAPI, TFS Git, Jenkins pipeline, Mockito Maven, ANT, Gradle, MsBuild, Monitoring using Tivoli/Datadog.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Hands on experience of working with MDM Tools;
- Excellent database testing experience in the areas of functional, load, capacity and performance, & vulnerability testing;
- Ability to produce a suite of Unit and Integration Tests for Java 8 & C# applications;
- Be able to demonstrate experience of testing NTier Architectures in relation to cloud and on premise applications;
- Have good knowledge of troubleshooting issues with firewalls and proxy servers. Excellent knowledge communication protocols & networking in relation to application development, deployment and hosting;
- Demonstrate experience of working in a test driven environment with continuous integration pipelines managing the orchestration of feature and regression test packaging & execution;
- Demonstrate hands on experience of testing code quality & metric production & the implementation of quality gates.
- Previous experience working in Financial Services;
- Written and/or oral German language;
- Has experience of using Jenkins, for build and release management;
- Good knowledge of best of breed practices in relation to build management and release management.
- 3rd level qualification (honours degree), preferably in a related discipline.
Working Hours & Benefits
- Attractive Salary and Benefits Package
- Bonus of up to 20%
- Defined Contribution Pension