My client is seeking a Technical Project Manager with a background around Application Development and Infrastructure. Dublin City, Rates are negotiable on experience. 6 month contract role.
This Role reports to the Head of Strategic Change Delivery, who reports into the CIO.
This role will have project resources assigned for the duration of given projects.
The Project Manager, within governance guidelines, is accountable for ensuring ownership, co-ordination, visibility, associated budget control and timely delivery of prioritised business change.
• Provide project leadership in order to implement initiatives into an operational status, following established release, change, and quality management principles.
• Drive projects ensuring project objectives are within agreed quality, time and cost metrics.
• Coordinate all activity on a project including business process (re)design, system design and development, training, communications, testing, business readiness & transition, rollout, handover and support.
• Define project scope and required business outcomes, including defined deliverables, key interdependencies and resourcing requirements. If required on smaller projects, produce the business requirements, functional and non-functional requirements.
• Write business cases for review and sign-off before project initiation. Produce and actively manage the relevant project artefacts as per the PMO framework and methodology.
• Projects are to be delivered in a manner that conforms to relevant standards and guidelines (i.e. regulatory, architectural frameworks etc.).
• Deliver projects that may span a number of areas including: application and infrastructure solutions, business optimisation projects, strategic implementation projects, operational projects and tactical projects.
• Manage and drive all aspects of a project from initiation through to operational support within timeframe and budget expectations including business readiness.
• Champion the project approval process and the Project Delivery Framework within the company and bring Stakeholders on the journey.
• Provide a single point of accountability as the principal interface for all matters affecting the project and its progress.
• Develop project budgets, monitor and report progress against these to the PMO Manager
• Actively manage the project against milestones and manage any change to the project scope, giving consideration to business outcomes.
• Provide impact assessments for changes to timings and scope within the project and ensure that change requests are managed according to defined processes and standards
• Ensure that controls and measures are in place to assure quality of deliverables.
• Ensure key stakeholders are kept well informed with accurate and timely information of progress, risks and issues
• Ensure interdependencies with other projects are maintained, managed and properly co-ordinated so that interference does not occur.
• Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders.
• Create a team culture of openness, transparency and interdependence.
• Participate, lead, coach and motivate a high performance team (where applicable)
• Live, and lead by example, the organisational values.
• Manage vendors and vendor contracts to achieve deliverables and maintain a positive working relationship.
• Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
Essential and Desirable Skills:
• Strong sense of urgency, being able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise where necessary.
• Ability to maintain control, professionalism and momentum in stressful situations. Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and connections within the team, the business and external vendors and across the organization.
• Successful experience in change management in a large or complex organisation with particular emphasis on delivering enterprise software implementation projects in conjunction with Infrastructure delivery.
• Sound knowledge of risk management principles and practices and ways of mitigating those risks to an acceptable level.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and provide a strategic perspective.
• Demonstrated relationship management skills including the ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence with key stakeholders.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent time management, organising and planning skills with a keen attention to detail
• Ability to develop strong relationship with client stakeholders of all levels
• Proactive “can do” attitude with excellent interpersonal skills, making naturally good first impressions
· Degree or equivalent in IT, Computing or similar engineering / accounting / science discipline.
· Minimum 7 years’ experience in relevant project management roles, managing multiple projects.
· Strong analytical and problem solving
· Experience in managing the development and implementation of solutions for all phases of the project life cycle.
· Relevant Project Management qualification (Prince II, PMI PMBOK, Scrum).
· Proven ability to undertake and manage complex business projects to assist in driving transformational change across the business with realisable benefits.
· Experience in vendor management.
Degree or equivalent in IT, Computing or similar engineering / accounting / science discipline.
40 hours per week.
If you are interested in this role, then please Apply along with your updated CV and I will be in touch with you to discuss your application in more detail, otherwise feel free to connect with me by whichever medium you are most comfortable with be that Linkedin, Email or Telephone. Remember we have limited our site to a maximum of 200 Jobs so if this Role is not a 100% match to your requirements please be sure to connect with us as we will most likely have another role which you may find more suitable.Apply for Job
If this isn't the job for you then why not reach out to one of our consultants today and send us your CV so we can find the one that is?Reach out to a Consultant
14 Jul 2021
We asked Eolas Recruitment Senior Consultant Peter Kirby what advice he would give to tech workers in Ireland who might be planning a career move in the coming months. To what extent do you think...
30 Jun 2021
As the Leaving Cert exams draw to a close, now is the time to check your CAO application, make sure that you are happy with your choices, and if necessary avail of the change of mind facility. The...