Technical Project Engineer / Manager
Dublin / Hybrid
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Technical Project Manager coming from an infrastructure background.
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Technical Project Manager coming from an infrastructure background. You will work with the project team and will work on prem and off site as the client have a number of sites that are expanding. 90% of the projects will be infrastructure projects. This role will suit a Technical engineer looking to move into the Project Management area. You will manage a variety of technical and business change projects to allow the organisation to scale quickly.
- End to end project management including project planning, documentation, scheduling, finances, tracking, technical handover
- You will act as liaison between external vendors & team members as required
- You will act as single point of contact & point of escalation in relation to projects
- You will chair & minute weekly project meetings with internal / external stakeholders
- Manage clear channel of communication with internal / external stakeholders in relation to project updates.
- Ensure completion of project pre-requisites prior to project commencing
- Create project reports for Management Team
- Continuous focus on process improvement and efficient working methods
- You will ensure completion of projects in an efficient and cost-effective manner in line with deadlines and required structures
- You will ensure completion of projects to a best practice standard
- You will ensure technical handover to internal departments
- Travel to regional office locations to assist and manage project teams when required
- Min of 3 years experience in a technical role
- Dealing with 3rd party vendors.
- Understanding of IT Infrastructure e.g. Servers, Firewalls, etc
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Previous experience in technical IT roles would be beneficial.
- Business/Technology related third level qualification
- Qualified Project Manager with recognised PM qualifications (Prince2, APM, IPM)
- Proficiency with industry standard PM tools such as Microsoft Project
Working Hours & Benefits
- Onsite Role for 3months for training – Hybrid will kick in then
- Bonus up to 10%
- Life Cover and Illness benefit cover
- Company Pension
- 20 days holidays – up to 25 days after 5 years service
- Training and skills development