Technical Delivery Manager
Dublin City Centre
€90,000 - €120,000
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Director / Technical Delivery Manager with a strong Consultancy background.
The Technical Delivery Manager role will involve a blend of Technical and Product delivery. The candidate must come from a Technical background. Ideally started as an engineer / developer and progressed through architecture and then into C- suite delivery however be able to read code and architecture.
Our Technical Delivery Managers oversee the clients’ relationships, taking a technically ‘hands on’ approach to define and deliver solutions and driving a culture of continuous improvement. They are accountable for the overall project delivery, client satisfaction and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time and within budget. You will be working alongside globally renowned and award-winning design, development and technology teams who are passionate about what they do and how they do it. Projects range from 20-100 people with typical large scale clients in the Retail & Telecoms sector, amongst others, depending on demand.
- Ideally you will come from a consulting background, knowing the challenges of working for clients and managing hands on software delivery projects.
- Technical end to end Delivery Management covering the full project initiation and life cycle: lead management, qualification for bid/financing, staffing, client management, delivery and execution governance, plus Agile, JIRA, SCRUM
- Oversee delivery from financial, sourcing, development and business perspectives.
- Play a proactive role in proposing technologies, tools & approaches; may have been a Solution Architect or Technical Lead or Head of Technology or Technical Project Manager in previous roles.
- Suggest innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences.
- Investigate complex issues of production delivery, run the root cause analysis, establish a solution and push it through required steps necessary in order to deliver.
- Driving integrated teams to deliver solid technology solutions in support of key client initiatives.
- Manage high-level client expectations and relationships, looking for opportunities to up/cross-sell products and services through relationship management.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of customer proposals and statements of work
Technical end-to-end Delivery Management; Agile, JIRA, SCRUM, Product Management
- Work closely with multi-disciplined teams of product owners, architects, engineers and quality assurance to drive estimates, delivery plans and retrospectives.
- Identify and manage engagement risks and flag major issues early.
- You will come from a hands on technical Delivery Management background with experience of implementing and delivery software projects and solutions for clients (Product Management, Product Delivery).
- You will have worked in an Agile environment and be able to visualise technical solutions from beginning to end.
- Solid experience of working closely with onshore/nearshore/offshore teams and clients.
- Someone from an architecture or development management background is desirable as you will understand the wider technical aspect of our projects.
- Travel flexibility is highly desirable as some of our roles will require you to work on a number of client projects in numerous locations.