Technical Architect – Java
Dublin City Centre
€500 - €550
My City Centre based client is looking for a Java Architect to join their team on a contract basis.
- Develop features as required by the product roadmap.
- Work with the architecture group to identify non-functional (performance / stability / technology) improvements to the system and implement these improvements.
- Regularly perform code reviews to ensure consistent code quality.
- Provide quarterly system health reports to the architecture group.
- Provide support for production issues with the system when they arise.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to ensure the growth of other technical staff members on the team.
- Assist the product owner in the prioritisation of technical work and roadmap features.
- Define and establish code quality standards and ensure the team’s adherence to those standards.
- Strong knowledge of the Java and Groovy programming languages.
- Experience with .NET development is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL databases is required.
- Working experience with Couchbase, PostGres, MS SQL Server and ElasticSearch will be an asset.
- Experience building Web Applications and RESTful services on the JVM platform.
- Knowledge of GWT is an asset.
- Ability to recognize and implement object-oriented design patterns effectively.
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design principles is a strongly desired asset.
- Ability to identify anti-patterns and implement refactoring strategies to correct them.
- Ability to identify and implement the appropriate amount of test automation including unit, component and integration tests.
- Managing source code with Distributed Source Control Systems (Git).
- Experience with Code Quality tools (SonarQube).
- Experience with Java build systems (Gradle / Maven).
- Experience with DevOps tools (Jenkins, Chef /Puppet).
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a distributed team environment.
- Comfortable delegating tasks among the development team.
- Effective unit and functional test writing skills.
- Strong self-starter with a desire for continuous learning.
- Active driver of change who seeks opportunities for innovation.
- Strong desire to innovate and build long-lasting, scalable applications.