Dublin / Hybrid
€60,000 - €65,000
A well established Irish healthcare retail business which has been operating for close to 50 years, through a recent acquisition, they are looking for a Tax Accountant to join their team.
- Preparation of statutory tax disclosures in statutory financial statements.
- Corporation tax (CT)
- Calculate monthly corporation and deferred tax positions as part of monthly reporting to Group Finance.
- Reconcile withholding tax positions (PSWT) between accounts, Revenue (ROS) and submitted CT returns.
- Manage application for interim refunds of PSWT on Form F50A to Revenue.
- Reconcile CT balance sheet balances to specific accounting periods and ROS records.
- Preparation of detailed tax packs to CT tax agents with sufficient analysis to ensure that the optimum CT filing position to Revenue is achieved.
- Manage IXBRL filing requirement.
- Collate form 46G (Payment for services reporting to Revenue) and make the necessary submissions.
- Employment Taxes
- Pre-empt Revenue queries and possible undue delay in VAT repayment by proactively providing explanations with submitted VAT repayment returns.
- Review of INTRASTAT and VIES reporting.
- Customs Taxes
- Review operation of Group TAN accounts and sample review of Customs Declarations by Customs Clearing Agents.
- Engagement with Revenue
- Work with Group Tax Colleagues in providing all schedules and supporting documentation to close out Revenue Compliance Interventions.
- Internal Audit & Projects
- Work with Group Tax and Internal Audit colleagues on all initiatives to improve the Tax Control framework.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify problem areas and control weaknesses. Offer value-adding solutions.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills via interactions with colleagues and external advisors. Strong team player who can learn from senior management and retains ability to work on own initiative.
- Lead by example with demonstrated professional ethics and motivation to develop tax as a career. Mentoring and coaching of non-tax technical colleagues.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems is advantageous. Strong Excel skills to extract and analyse data. Ability to identify IT risk-based controls as Revenue increasingly go digital with reporting requirements.
- Irish Tax Institute qualified with up to 1-2 years post qualification experience gained in an accountancy practice environment. Tax qualification combined with accountancy qualification an advantage. Strong attention to detail.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA qualification
- Professional services experience preferred but not essential.
- Competivie salary
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted VHI Benefits
- Hybrid working – 2 days on site
- 10 mins walk from local luas stop
- Parking on site
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role, please apply for this role with your updated CV and I will be in touch to discuss your application in detail.
Similar roles open:
As a dedicated Recruitment Agency, we also have several similar permanent and contract roles open. The above role may not be an exact match for your experience, salary, or daily rate expectations etc. However, we would like you to reach out to discuss other roles we are currently recruiting for in similar fields. Also, please feel free to view our website for more jobs and details about us if you wish.