Systems Engineer – Level 2
Dublin City Centre
Neg depending on experience
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Systems / Support Engineer Level 2 to join the team. This role is on a permanent basis.
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Systems Engineer Level 2. The role would involve to provide support to the customers ICT infrastructure. The role will be part of the Service Desk / Support team. The successful candidate will need a strong technical background with previous experience in a similar role.
- Providing 2nd Level Support to a broad range of clients and a broad range of technologies.
- Delivering escalations from Level 1 engineers.
- Acting as a team lead to lower level engineers providing support when required.
- Working with the team and management to develop processes and solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring that they comply with all Policies and Procedures and support the continuous improvement process.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff at client sites.
- Quickly build rapport and gain client confidence.
- Work individually and as a part of a team.
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods.
- Have a proven track record in trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Be able to utilise all tools available to resolve majority of issues at the first instance.
- Ability to quickly learn new products.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2013
- Terminal Services / SSL VPN
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- SQL Server 2000 / 2005 /2008 / 2012 / 2014 Experience Helpful
- Firewall/Routers. (Cisco / Sonicwall / Sophos UTM)
- Switches Cisco HP 3 Com
- WAN configurations – Site to Site VPNs Routing / NAT configurations
- Strong IP/Networking skills (Good understanding of TCP /IP and ISO Model, troubleshooting tools)
- Good understanding of Server and Storage hardware (i.e. RAID sets on servers, SAN, tape drives).
- MCSA / MCSE 2008/2012 / VCP in VMware 5 or 6 essential.
- Citrix and Virtualisation (VMWare or MS HyperV) essential.
- SAN experience ( preferably Netapp)
- Hyper-V experience.