Systems Architect – Contract
Dublin City Centre
500 - 550
6 Month Daily Rate contract Role for a Systems Architect preferably with Salesforce experience based in Dublin 1
The Project Systems Architect develops appropriate architecture and design of solutions for Application and Infrastructure Projects. He/she will participate and advise during the implementation of these projects to ensure successful deployment and transition to the production environment. He/ she will be expected to conform to the approved methodologies and standards in delivering solution architecture that is compliant with Portfolio and Enterprise Architecture direction.
This is a hands-on role. This right person would come from a technical background, working on projects in a large enterprise environment, with the ability to take on a wide variety of assignments.
- Develop appropriate architectural and design documentation and communicate to the appropriate business and project teams as required.
- Consult with internal clients and account managers to ensure the architecture meets the business requirements.
- Take a leadership role and responsibility for the architecture and design of Information Technology Solutions on a project.
- Provide robust and cost effective designs.
- Act as the focal point to resolve all technical design issues as they occur during the full project life cycle.
- Adhere to company standards and methodologies to ensure compliance with Enterprise architectural requirements, and the quality and consistency of the design and its implementation.
- Participate in I.S. project planning by providing technology options and recommendations.
- Accountable for the delivery and quality of the required architecture artefacts that adhere to the Architecture Practice policies and standards.
- Ensure that architecture deliverables adhere to the ISO, Security and Data Protection policies and standards of the organisation.
- Ensure that appropriate waivers are raised and in-place where such policies and standards are not met.
- Bring architectural anomalies to the attention of the Lead Architects and other appropriate senior IS leaders.
- Escalate architectural issues, as appropriate, for discussion and decision.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience working on projects in a large enterprise environment.
- Candidates should have strong process skills.
- Candidates should have worked within a recognised application/service delivery process and methodology and understand the importance of Change Management, Testing and Documentation.
- Candidates must be excellent communicators, both verbal and written, and have experience of producing high quality architectural and design documentation, and delivering presentations to senior management and project teams. The core language is English.
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of current Application, Infrastructure and Security Frameworks.
- Candidates must have designed and then participated as the Project Architect in the delivery of Application and/or Infrastructure Solutions, and be able to reference successful implementations. Some technologies used are :
- OS: AIX, Microsoft Windows Server
- Relational Databases and data warehousing technology – in particular SQL Server & Oracle
- Authentication: IBM TAM/TIM, Active Directory, PINGFederate
- eBusiness applications using J2EE (Websphere) and .NET technologies.
- Candidates must be proficient with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with Salesforce technology
- Previous experience in the Financial Services Industry.
- A good knowledge of current Application, Infrastructure and Security Frameworks.
- Proficiency in a variety of application integration models.
- German Language skills