Dublin City Centre
€40,000 - €45,000
My client is based in Dublin City Centre and are currently recruiting for a Systems Administrator to join the existing team.
The System Administrator will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The successful candidate ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to best practise, enabling staff, customers and business operations to continue uninterrupted. The main focus for this role is that successful candidate would have comfortable with the following:
- Hyper V or Virtualisation Infrastructure
- Comfortable with SAN and Storage Technologies
- Good Grasp of Network functions and Trouble shooting
- Experience with Project Management and Rollouts would be an advantage
- Systems Administrator related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
Install and configure business systems and applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary. Continually review backup protocols to ensure they meet business demands. Maintain, test and update disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support and / or training per request from various sites. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Server and Workstation Operating Systems (Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/10) with strong knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange and SQL server.
- Strong networking and TCP/IP skills
- Knowledge of technologies supporting Virtualisation (Hyper V), Symantec AV, Enterprise Backup (Veeam) and Storage Area Networks (Dell PowerEdge and Dell EqualLogic)
- Telephony – Cisco Video conferencing, Elastix VOIP
- Engage with other sites as and when needed to support and collaborate on IT issues
- Engage in IT Projects when requested
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent industry qualifications
- 4-6 years’ experience in a similar role
- Understanding of ITIL and PRINCE2 methodologies.