Systems Administrator – Contract
Co Westmeath / Co Longford
Daily rate contract
My client based in the Midlands of Ireland ( Westmeath / Longford ) is looking for a Windows Systems Administrator Contractor to join the team. This contract will be a minimum of a 6 months.
- Comfortable with Hyper V or Virtualisation Infrastructure
- Comfortable with SAN and Storage technologies
- Good Grasp of Network Function and Trouble shooting
- Project Management or Rollouts
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure business systems and applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary. Continually review backup protocols to ensure they meet business demands. Maintain, test and update disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support and / or training per request from various sites. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade, configure and maintain system software and business applications as per upgrade schedule.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Server and Workstation Operating Systems (Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/10) with strong knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange and SQL server.
- Strong networking and TCP/IP skills
- Knowledge of technologies supporting Virtualisation (Hyper V), Symantec AV, Enterprise Backup (Veeam) and Storage Area Networks (Dell PowerEdge and Dell EqualLogic)
- Telephony – Cisco Video conferencing, Elastix VOIP
- Skills Required
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent industry qualifications
- 4-6 years’ experience in a similar role
- Understanding of ITIL and PRINCE2 methodologies.