Dublin City Centre
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Support Technician to join their team.
We are seeking to recruit an IT Support technician primarily based in our Dublin office. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, motivated and disciplined individual with a positive can do attitude.
- Provide end user internal technical support for software and hardware over 12 offices countrywide.
- Provide helpdesk support for a variety of systems, mainly: Citrix Terminal Server/Windows Server environment, Cisco phone system, Redbox call recorder, Office 365, Android and iOS mobile devices, HP Thin clients, Windows 7/10 laptops.
- Updating and administering Active Directory and Office 365 (create, archive and amend user accounts)
- Deployment of desktops, laptops, mobile and desk phones
- Updating and administrating of a Cisco phone system
- Work with a third party helpdesk and application support helpdesks on resolving issues.
Key Qualifications required
- Ideally a degree/diploma in IT or related field
- A Microsoft certification an advantage, but not required
Technical knowledge/skills required
- Experience with Windows XP/7/10 workstations
- General knowledge of Windows Server environment and Active Directory
- General knowledge of virtual machines. Experience with VMware an advantage, but not required.
- Knowledge of Citrix an advantage, but not required
- Knowledge of network printing/scanning
- Basic networking knowledge
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013/2016
- Experience with Office 365 administration an advantage, but not required.
- Knowledge of Android and iOS mobile operating systems.
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills dealing with staff with varying degrees of technical ability.
- Personable and sociable
- Professional style
- Socially confident
- Self-motivated with a desire to continuously perform at a high level
- Exemplify positive customer service behaviours and promote a culture focused on ensuring customers’ needs are met
- Through leading by example, fosters the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ambitious and results orientated
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to work in a fast paced environment.