Support Engineer – Level 3 (Field Support)
€35,000 - €45,000
My Dublin North based client is recruiting for a Support Engineer - Level 3 (Field Support) This role is on a permanent basis.
My client is recruiting for a Support Engineer – Level 3 (Field Support) for installation, support, optimisation, administration and documentation of our customers’ network infrastructure, whether it is on-premise, in the cloud or as a hybrid solution. The work also involves end-user support, which is dedicated to resolve escalated problems from Help Desk & other technicians. The end-user support involves research, installation, support, documentation and optimisation of personal computer hardware and software components.
- Installation & support of physical and virtual servers
- Installation & support of backbone network devices such as: Ethernet switches, wireless controllers, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Installation & support solutions &/or applications in the Microsoft cloud
- Administration of Network tools and applications: network tools, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VPN, VoIP, WINS, DFS, Active-Sync, Proxy, UCS, etc.
- Administration of core systems & applications: VMWARE, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Exchange, O365, Antivirus, Active Directory, SQL, Firewalls, anti-virus, anti-spam, general and application servers, etc.
- Configure, deploy and support disaster recovery solutions to guarantee business continuity
- Creates, publishes and maintains documentation of procedures, policies, settings, systems, solutions, etc.
- Resolves service requests escalated by the Help Desk or other technicians associated with end-user equipment and software.
- Researches new technologies to optimise network and end-user components and contributes to provide systems, services and solutions with high level of security, reliability and efficiency
- Acts as a lead technical advisor to lower level technicians in the resolution of technical problems & in the proper implementation & interpretation of technical procedures
- Supervise the work of lower level technicians & collaborates with peers and other staff
- Communicates problems to team leader & management and follows through on each task assigned
- Implements appropriate remedies according to established departmental standards & recommends to superiors appropriate action/steps to be taken to avoid similar future problems
- Interfaces with other staff – technical & other departmental users and customers on all computer & network related issues and problems
- Evaluates and recommends new hardware/software.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Proven track record of 4+ years’ experience in field technical support
- At least 2 years’ experience troubleshooting and supporting servers, data storage or network equipment in the most current released version or the immediate predecessor of a Microsoft or VMware based environment.
- At least one of the following certifications: MCSE (2012/2016), CCNA, CCNP or VCP 6.0/6.5.
- Additionally, candidates must have considerable 2+ years’ experience in the following areas: Network Protocols, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SMS, Microsoft Servers (Proxy, Exchange, O365, Acronis, Symantec or Veeam Back-up, UCS Unified Computing, and Wireless Networks
- Good communication skills & the ability to get on well with customers & colleagues
- A full driver’s license is a must
- This position is based primarily in Dublin but travel to other counties may be required from time to time