SQL Server DBA – 6-month FTC
My client is looking for an experienced SQL Server DBA to join their team in Dublin for a 6-month FTC. Daily rate contractors will also be considered.
- Daily administration and support of the high availability Production, Test and Development databases with emphasis on SQL Server (VMWare & Clusters)
- Providing technical input to optimisation of SQL Server database configuration and administration processes
- Identify and evaluate database and data management technologies to maintain growth plan.
- Performance management of SQL Server objects and engage with teams in performance and problem resolution
- Responsibility for the provisioning of standardised SQL Server environments and the deployment and migration of SQL Server objects through the development, test and production environments
- Analysis of SQL workload including optimisation reports/queries running against databases.
- Supporting and taking ownership of complex issue escalation from L1 and L2 teams.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in SQL server with very strong SQL query skills and administration experience.
- Highly knowledgeable in SQL Server clustering / replication / High Availability technologies
- Reporting: Knowledge of SSRS/SSAS/SSIS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced administering databases on Windows platforms
- Knowledge & experience of Sybase 12.5 or Oracle 10g/11g an advantage.
- Customer focus
- Problem solving
- Collaborative working
- Drive for results
- Innovation/strategic thinking