SQL Database Administrator
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a SQL Database Administrator to join the team this is a daily rate contract to cover Maternity leave.
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a SQL Database Administrator to join the team this is a daily rate contract for Maternity cover. The successful candidate will provide high quality,
internal customer focused support for database activities. This includes all aspects of data management interrogation and reporting, to drive improved client engagement, sales and marketing activities and inform financial and business-related decision-making activities.
Skills and Experience
- Deliver high quality reports to the business by intelligently extracting and organising data from the database.
- Ensure data quality and accuracy through regular updating and cleansing of the database.
- Managing data integrity, enhancing data quality of the client’s information and making recommendations on improved processes to embed discipline on data quality.
- Leverage data on the database and provide analysis and reporting to meet a variety of business needs, across the organisation. Designing and implementing database schema extensions / improvements.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Be an advocate for database system improvements & processes to reach target audiences and assist with delivery of new functionality.
- Provide support to end users through use of our ticketing system on Sharepoint. This includes general requests for password resets, changes in access levels, report generation as well as general trouble shooting.
- Maintain the integrity of the data in the database by controlling accesses, correct flagging and reviewing of data on the database.
- Ensure that the database meets GDPR requirements
- Enhanced end users’ understanding of database systems by conducting workshops, delivering onboarding and group and individual training sessions. Create user friendly supporting training manuals
- Good governance in handling data loads, database security and optimizing transaction processes
- Perform administrative tasks within the parameters and guidelines of GDPR, and other accrediting bodies.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with CRM\Databases
- Proficient in MySQL
- Proven reporting communication skills: excellent data report creation ability and ability to distil insights from data.
- Excellent MS Office skills and advanced MS Excel.
- Highly self-directed with ability to prioritise tasks and requests
- Comfortable managing multiple projects in an agile way
- Ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels in the organisation.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to take full responsibility for closing off
- Flexibility in a team environment and a willingness to take on extra work as required is essential.
- You may be required to work outside normal hours on occasion. You may also be required to travel on occasion.
- Fluent English and good written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, enthusiastic, energetic and solutions focused.