My Dublin based client is looking for an Solutions Architect (DevOps) to join their team.
This is a hands-on role and the right person will come from a technical background, working on projects in a large enterprise environment, with the ability to take on a wide variety of assignments. I are specifically looking for an individual with experience working and developing a DevOps platform.
- Develop DevOps platforms for application and infrastructure projects; Contribute to the strategic direction of CLE’s systems architecture across the I.S. Enterprise Architecture;
- Contribute to/forms the strategic directions for the use of DevOps concepts, technologies, languages and patterns;
- Provide direction and leadership to project teams;
- Ensure solutions adhere to present and future business objectives.
- You will be part of a team responsible for the definition and implementation of best practices for Software Development at CLE. Analyzing, executing, and streamlining DevOps practices;
- Automating development processes with the right tools;
- Facilitating development process and operations;
- Setting up a continuous build environment to speed up software development and deployment process;
- Guiding developers and operation teams in case of an issue;
- Monitoring, reviewing, and managing technical operations.
- 7+ years systems/solutions architecture experience;
- Strong stakeholder management and communications skills, both written and verbal to communicate complex ideas and explain technology and systems;
- Architectural knowledge of the Azure & AWS public cloud platforms, integration and reporting technologies;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of data, databases, and data technologies including AI, ML, ETL, BI;
- Track record of delivering high quality, complex technical solutions in a large enterprise environment;
- Good knowledge of Application Engineering, and DevOps / Agile practices – experience of Agile Methodologies and operating in agile / scrum based teams;
- Strong competencies in Strategic Thinking, Collaboration, Communication, Problem Solving, Working on own initiative;
- Experience of Balancing Workloads, and Staff Mentoring;
- Have worked within a recognised application/service delivery process and methodology and understand the importance of Change Management, Testing and Documentation;
- Have experience in producing high quality architectural and design documentation, and delivering presentations to senior management and project teams.
- Have a good knowledge of current Application, Infrastructure and Security Frameworks;
- Have designed and then participated as the Project Architect in the delivery of Application and/or Infrastructure Solutions, and be able to reference successful implementations;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills – ability to explain complex IT applications in simple user friendly language;
- Experience working with Business SMEs and Leaders;
- Excellent problem solving skills, and ability to craft effective solutions;
Specific Technical Skills & Experience Required
- In depth knowledge of at least three of Java Test Frameworks, JUnit, JMeter, Rest Assureed, Serenity;
- In depth knowledge of Maven/Gradle/MsBuild;
- Design & Implementation of Jenkins Pipelines;
- Artefact Management and Release Management;
- SQL Server;
- Java 1.8+;
- Good knowledge of Networking Protocols;
- Systems Integration Experience across multiple vendor platforms;
- A good Working knowledge of at least one API Gateway;
- Microservices Development, preferably using Spring Boot;
- Have designed & delivered solutions in at least one of Amazon/Azure/Google Cloud;
- Atlassian Toolset;
- Static Analysis & Reporting;
- Experience of working in a highly automated environment with a focus on quality.