Dublin City Centre
My Dublin based Financial Services Client is looking for an experienced Solution Architect to join the team on a contract basis.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- You will be work closely with Technology and Strategy to ensure the solution design fits with existing or planned architecture. They will ensure solutions are designed in alignment with appropriate best practice, standards and methodologies.
- You will be accountable for reviewing proposed solutions from IT Vendors and documenting assessment papers.
- You will work with Business & Technology to provide design guidelines, impart knowledge on technical trends and solutions and provide support and guidance to resources during the analysis, development and testing processes.
- You will oversee and sign-off the design of agreed business or technology changes associated with the end to end solution to ensure quality and consistency.
- You will ensure there is clarity on the design options and associated implications. They will proactively identify and capitalise upon opportunities to share / re-use existing components/solutions where possible.
- You will support the application development and infrastructure teams to plan the sequence and content of application component releases.
- You will provide expertise in technical assessments and will be required to complete Technical analysis to assist in design decisions.
- You will need to present solutions to the Architecture Review board for approval.
- You will need to assess / design the end to end solution adhering to company principles and standards.
Skills & Experience:
- Must have experience of process mapping and modelling the ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ processes.
- Expert understanding and thorough working knowledge of solution design and architecture industry standards
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to manage a variety of stakeholders
- Must have excellent skills in the following areas:
- Technical Solution Design
- Business Acumen
- IT Process and Organisation
- Financial Management
- Technical & Analytical Skills
- Data modelling
- Expert knowledge of concepts, philosophies and tools behind the design of systems and underlying information technologies
- Must have excellent technical analysis experience including skills to run vendor design workshops to gain an insight into the fit of various solutions.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills
- Must have an understanding of the full software lifecycle and appreciation of different project delivery methodologies
- Must have excellent organisational skills, logical and efficient thinking and strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure and work independently with minimal direction and guidance.
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to seek alternatives and innovative approaches and to push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mind-sets
- Must be solution focused individuals with ability to understand complex problems and articulate them into simple issues and solutions.
HOW TO APPLY for a Solution Architect
If you are interested in this role – please apply for this role with your updated CV and I will be in touch to discuss your application in detail. Or for a confidential discussion and insight into this client and role please reach out to Stephen at Eolas.
SIMILAR ROLES OPEN:
As a dedicated IT Recruitment Agency, we also have a number of similar permanent and contract roles open. The above role may not be an exact match for your experience, salary or daily rate expectations etc. However, we would like you to reach out in order to discuss other roles we are currently recruiting for in similar fields. Also, please feel free to view our website for more jobs and details about us.
Tags: Solution Architect