Solution Architect (Data) – Contract
My Global Financial Services client is looking for a Contract Solutions Architect to join their team for a number of exciting projects.
- Providing direction and leadership to project teams;
- Developing data architecture and designs for application and infrastructure projects;
- Ensuring solutions follow to present and future business objectives;
- Designing the architecture of a typical toolbox of data technologies and communicate this design to a broad audience;
- Providing architectural direction on the technical aspects of data engineering and analytics;
- Providing clear, brief data models & structures needed to develop and construct solutions that unlock business value;
- Defining the execution/ automation of data governance processes & controls;
- In charge of the conceptual & logical data models used across the change portfolio;
- Supporting many and varied use-cases across MI, analysis and data science;
- Working cross-functionally to integrate a modern BI tools and approaches with legacy data warehouses; and
- Adapt agile development practices to integrate data modelling, devising and writing assertions and validation that verify complex business logic.
- Strong stakeholder management and communications skills, both written and verbal to communicate complex ideas and explain technology and systems;
- 6+ years systems/solutions architecture experience;
- Knowledge of regulations on data collection, use, storage (eg infosec) and sharing (eg GDPR) – in the Ireland and internationally – and how they affect technical requirements;
- Architectural knowledge of the Azure & AWS public cloud platforms, associated NoSQL databases, integration and reporting technologies;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of data, databases, and data technologies including AI, ML, ETL, BI;
- Know how to prototype in collaboration, to better understand what a business problem, explore a complicated concept, or demonstrate the art of the possible;
- Good knowledge of Application Engineering, and DevOps / Agile practices – experience of Agile Methodologies and operating in agile / scrum based teams;
- Strong competencies in Strategic Thinking, Collaboration, Communication, Problem Solving, Working on own initiative;
- Experience within a recognised application/service delivery process and methodology and understand the importance of Change Management, Testing and Documentation;
- Experience in producing high quality architectural and design documentation, and delivering presentations to senior management and project teams;
- Good knowledge of current Application, Infrastructure and Security Frameworks;
- Previously designed and then participated as the Project Architect in the delivery of Application and/or Infrastructure Solutions, and be able to reference successful implementations.
- Experience working with the below technologies:
- MS Azure cloud environment.
- Container technologies like Kubernetes/Docker.
- OS: AIX, Microsoft Windows Server
- Relational Databases and data warehousing technology – in particular SQL Server & Oracle & MY SQL
- Authentication: IBM TAM/TIM, Active Directory,
- eBusiness applications using J2EE
- Worked with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA);
- Web services (SOAP and REST)
- Excellent problem solving skills, and ability to craft effective solutions
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence; and
- 3rd level qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.