Dublin City Centre
Our Dublin based Client is looking for a highly motivated software tester to add to the expanding test team in the IT Department on a permanent basis.
Reporting to: Project Manager
What is this job like?
We are looking for a highly motivated software tester to form a new test team in the IT Department. The successful candidate will have considerable test experience and will be responsible for the test phase of projects, with specific responsibility for test planning, preparation, executing, and reporting of both bespoke and off the shelf applications.
The job holder’s main responsibilities are to:
- Understand user requirements
- Review and analyse requirement, functional and technical designs
- Define test scope
- Define test approach and plan
- Create use cases
- Develop test cases and testing scenarios
- Manage test data
- Perform in-depth testing of system
- Document issues in clear and concise manner
- Report findings on a timely basis
- Liaise with project team on issues
- Deliver to set deadlines
- Be pro-active in approach to ensuring system meets specification
- Be a positive influence within the team
- Strong team delivery mentality
- Ad hoc duties, i.e. Assist PM in workshops and requirement gathering when required, direct users in UAT and Signoff
Typical work activities include:
- Participate in workshops with project team and review documentation to understand user requirements, assist in requirement gathering, functional and technical design.
- Document test scope and test approach and achieve sign off with project team
- Produce test plan, use cases and test cases
- Identify test data required and manage the set-up of the same.
- Execute testing
- Raise issues found in issue system, providing appropriate information to enable programmers replicate, understand and resolve issue. Re-Test issue to confirm issue is resolved. Manage prioritisation of issues and be active driver for progressing issue resolution
- Liaise with subject matter expert users and to resolve production issues.
- Monitor progress of tests and provide regular updates to project team and management
- Participate in special projects for the university as needed
What you bring to this role
- At least three – six years’ experience in software testing
- Working knowledge of project life cycles, both waterfall model and agile
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving & multitasking skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with internal users and vendor.
- Degree Qualification
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft TFS
- Software Testing and Qualification would be advantageous e.g. ISTQB
- Experience with infrastructure testing