Software Tester required for Top Financial Services Company based in Cork.
We have a Software Tester position available in Cork IT to work as part of the testing team.
Reporting to a Test Lead the role of Software Tester involves testing software to ensure delivery of the functionality according to requirements.
This role deals with several major bank platforms ranging from Desktop, Web, tablet and Mobile app to ATM’s to Mainframes.
The role offers a mix of technical and banking based challenges and learning opportunities as the drivers for the various projects can be technical or business based ranging from supporting new iOS versions to implementation of new account types.
The role primarily involves manual testing of new functionality with the opportunity to be involved in the support and maintenance of the selenium automation framework.
• Work with an experienced team of Testers, Developers and Business Analysts to deliver IT Solutions.
• Participate in Continuous Process improvement initiatives to build better and more effective delivery systems
• Work with business users to deliver solutions that fit the purpose and requirements of new system developments.
• Contribute to overall project plans.
• Translate the business requirements into the creation of appropriate test plans and scripts.
• Execute system test scripts.
• Sign off the test results for transfer to the production environment. Break complex problems down and express them in a clear, concise manner appropriate to the audience.
• ISEB Testing qualification, while not mandatory as training will be provided, is preferable
• Previous experience in a testing environment in a regulated / financial environment is preferable • Strong understanding of both business and IT systems.
• Good PC skills with a knowledge of MS Office products
• A desire to develop IT competency through training and education
• Experience with other testing tools such as: JIRA , QC centre
• Working knowledge of system development frameworks and the role of testing in such frameworks
• Experience in a testing in a bank or Financial environment would be an advantage
• A good working knowledge of Test Automation will be a distinct advantage for this role
• Knowledge and experience of the following Test Automation Tools will be of advantage:- o Selenium, Tosca, Java, SQL
• Working knowledge of Java / SQL
• An ability to learn and understand complex business processes
• The capability to work on their own initiative in a demanding environment • Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this role, then please Apply along with your updated CV and I will be in touch with you to discuss your application in more detail, otherwise feel free to connect with me by whichever medium you are most comfortable with be that Linkedin, Email or Telephone. Remember we have limited our site to a maximum of 200 Jobs so if this Role is not a 100% match to your requirements please be sure to connect with us as we will most likely have another role which you may find more suitable.Apply for Job
If this isn't the job for you then why not reach out to one of our consultants today and send us your CV so we can find the one that is?Reach out to a Consultant
9 Apr 2019
There is no shortage of opportunities for IT professionals in Ireland at present however it can be difficult to know where to start when thinking about applying for a new job. A good way to get to...
26 Mar 2019
For IT professionals moving from the UK, there are good opportunities in most locations around Ireland. IT skills are increasingly valuable to companies in all sectors and businesses are competing to...