Software Systems Manager
My Public Sector client is looking for a Software Systems Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
My Public Sector client is looking for a Software Systems Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join a well-established public sector organization that provides excellent well-needed services to its customers.
The ideal candidate will be someone with at least 3+ years’ experience in managing and supporting software systems for a business. This role will be based in their Dublin office so candidates must be willing to commute to the office.
- Oversee, maintain, and support the successful running of internal software systems for the business.
- Monitor the performance of applications to ensure they are functional, available, efficient, stable, and optimised.
- Lead a small IT team consisting of ICT helpdesk, ICT system administration, and IT application support professionals.
- Contribute to delivering technical implementation projects, assuring they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Quickly respond to technical incidents, initiating appropriate action and resolving escalations accordingly.
- Database administration on SQL Server, data extraction, and creation of reports using Crystal or similar.
- Manage third party vendors, including contract negotiations and service level agreements.
- Facilitate the installation, upgrade, and migration of software systems whilst managing issues and escalations.
- Establish metrics, KPIs & SLAs to continually improve the performance of IT applications & service delivery.
- At least 3+ years’ experience in managing and supporting software systems
- Experience with database management, SQL Server, and other database technologies
- Knowledge of programming / scripting languages such as Python, C#, .NET
- Experience with Crystal Reports or other similar tools
- Knowledge of PowerBI and data analytics solutions
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Skilled at providing technical support for software systems
- Excellent communication skills to deal with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Confident at managing system implementation projects
- Skilled in mentoring and managing team members
- Knowledge of clinical and administration systems would be desirable
- Third level degree in IT or similar field
- Project Management qualification would be desirable
Working Hours & Benefits
- 35 hour working week
- 30 days annual leave
- Excellent pension contribution
- Great work-life balance