Software Support Engineer
Dublin City Centre
€25,000 - €30,000
My client is currently recruiting for a Software Support Engineer. This role is on a permanent basis with a lot of career growth within the company.
The successful applicant will join the existing team of development and support engineers.This role is on a permanent basis with a lot of career growth within the organisation.
- Resolution of issues with deployed software applications
- Interaction and communication to respond to customers with appropriate instruction, guidance and troubleshooting assistance
- Provision of technical assistance with regard to environment setup and configuration
- Writing Groovy scripts and MySQL database queries
- Hands-on issue/data research and performance tuning
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Work closely with clients with clients in both Ireland and the USA.
- Participation in on-call rotations
- Some travel as required to customer sites
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of relational database management systems, preferably MySQL.
- Knowledge and experience of deploying applications implemented in Java.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Groovy, Python or bash.
- Experience with Linux and command line environments a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of computer networking.
- Practical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Degree in information technology, computer science, computer engineering or a related field
- At least two years’ experience with problem resolution and corrective action in a technical support environment. Experience in a software testing environment would be beneficial.