Software Configuration Management Engineer
€60,000 - €70,000
My Limerick based client is seeking a Senior Software Configuration Management Engineer to join their team.
About this role
As part of the software team this software configuration management engineer will work closely with the software team both on site and with teams off site. This role will be responsible for maintaining code configuration and code build/revision control. The ideal candidate will be experienced in build and release engineering and configuration management, will possess a clear and strong knowledge of the Software Development life cycle and a familiarity with C# and Java languages. Proficiency using XML, XSLT and build tools such as MS Build, devenv, Ant, Nunit, FxCop, VMWare would be highly desirable.
- Design and develop automated builds that allow efficient configuration management of software developed in C# and Java.
- Generate metrics about the build such as profiling, unit test, and coverage reports.
- Demonstrate sound design skills and ideas that will improve the build process and procedures in order to help improve the overall quality of the source code.
- Implement branching and merging techniques for major and minor releases including patch releases.
- Coordinate build schedules with each development team.
- Release staged software builds to development, quality engineering and production environments.
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing build scripts that will ultimately be reviewed.
- Demonstrate programming practices when writing Perl, MSBuild, and Ant scripts.
- Develop tests for the installation scripts and build scripts.
- Develop new CM tools to improve efficiency of SCM and QA process.
- Maintain the integrity of the source code management TFS, ClearCase and the Defect Database (ClearQuest) including software upgrades.
- Implement solutions with .NET Framework including packaging and signing assemblies.