Service Reliability Lead
Dublin City Centre
€80,000 - €90,000 - with an excellent bonus and benefits package
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Service Reliability Lead to join the team. This role is on a permanent basis.
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Service Reliability Lead to join the team. The role will involve working closely with teams in Infrastructure, Operations and with Engineering on the design planning.
- The successful candidate will develop and drive initiatives to enhance the availability and resilience of Application services
- The successful candidate identify opportunities to apply engineering principles that continually.
- The successful candidate will develop strategies, frameworks and approaches to ensure optimal Application Performance and capacity in Production
- The candidate will heavily contribute to the formulation of Architectural standards and Operational processes relevant to your team and remit
- The successful candidate will build, mentor and coach a cohesive, engaged, and customer- team of Developers, Testers, System Engineers and Application Support analysts
- The candidate will support incident, problem and maintenance activities for Production Application Services in order to protect SLA
- Must have Strong Java design and development experience with Application stack of Java, Spring Boot, Apache Tomcat, etc
- The successful candidate must have strong knowledge of operational concerns such as monitoring, mean time to recovery, application resiliency, capacity & performance
- The candidate must have excellent understanding of engineering best practices with strong background and bias for automation
- Linux Operating system knowledge
- Proven past experience of working in or very closely with Infrastructure and/or Technical Operations teams
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience working by Agile methodologies
- Understanding and experience of HA infrastructure design and operation
- Good Experience with development or operating in Azure, Kubernetes, Docker environments
- Continuous Integration/Continuous delivery environments
- Monitoring and alerting solutions such as Elastic, Nagios, etc
- Automation technologies and tools (Chef, Ansible, Openstack, etc)
- Line management or Team lead experience