Service Desk Administrator
Dublin City Centre
Service Desk Analyst required to join a Dublin City Centre based client who is currently expanding their team.
The Service Desk Administrator will join our IT team that will work to support the day to day IT support function for our Staff in all Regional location, overseas and support the relocation of our Headquarters and report into out IT manager for any other task required.
- Perform initial diagnostics and triage on all IT service requests (Zendesk);
- Inspect and maintain all IT and AV equipment throughout the office and meeting rooms;
- Build and deploy Surface Pro, tablets and mobile phones, troubleshoot printer problems, support standard software packages;
- Support network team in ensuring network and IP connectivity of all workstations, application servers, and back-end office infrastructure;
Provide desktop support for all users including remote users;
- Escalate problem calls to 3rd line support or third-party vendors;
- Support Skype for Business VoIP solution;
- Assist with system backups and restores;
- Monitor network security, including ensuring all laptops are encrypted;
- Ensure dignity, respect and equality are applied within and outside the Organisation and that a work life balance is supported as much as possible in the workplace;
- Ensure that values of People, Professionalism, Passion for Performance and Public Service are always upheld;
- Ensure that continuous learning and development is undertaken through informal and formal learning and participation in the Performance Management and Development Review Process;
- Demonstrate flexibility in undertaking additional tasks that can arise or may be assigned in this role.
Essential and Desirable Skills:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience on an IT Service Desk;
- Microsoft Windows background is essential – windows 10;
- Strong Desktop, Laptop, Mobile device support and troubleshooting skills;
- Use their initiative in problem solving and improving service to users;
- Work as an integral part of the IT team;
- Establish good relationships with local suppliers for the overseas offices;
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills as dealing with users is an integral part of the job.
- 3rd level degree in information technology.