Senior Technical Project Manager
€80,000 - €85,000
My Dublin City client is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis and play a key role in the development of their new business area within the organisation.
- Understand the business objectives of the business and play a key role in the development of a new area within the current business.
- Represent the client in interfaces across the business, with the client themselves and also with external stakeholders.
- Support Programme Managers in implementing best-in-class programmatic, planning and reporting methodologies to ensure projects are managed in a standardised way.
- Independently manage specific projects.
- Ensure teams are performing at their best.
- Build strong relationships to enable delivery of goals.
- Contribute to the goals and objectives of the business.
- Project management experience at a senior level with a minimum of 5 years and industry recognised qualification.
- Extensive experience and a record of achievement in leading and managing critical, highly complex and/or large technical bespoke ICT projects.
- Good understanding of continuous integration build, release and change management, incident management and production support processes.
- Strong vendor management experience.
- A sound understanding of the following technologies such as Active Directory, Windows, Citrix, Wintel, VMWare would be highly regarded.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Knowledge and experience of Platform and Storage, Networks, Service Management, Architecture and Engineering, Data technologies, Cloud Platforms, Collaboration technologies, Digital Web and Middleware.
- Experience implementing SAAS, applications and/or off the shelf software in an external data centre highly desirable
- Highly developed interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with extensive experience collaborating and engaging key stakeholders to influence and achieve optimal business outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multidisciplinary team, including building and maintaining high performance teams, to deliver high quality, customer focused outcomes.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work activities and use time efficiently.
- Solutions driven, problem solver with a “can do” attitude
- Primary degree in Information Technology or similar technical discipline.
Working Hours & Benefits
- Standard working week.
- Benefits package.