Senior Systems Administrator
My South Dublin based client is recruiting for a Senior Systems Administrator to join the team on a perm basis working off a hybrid model.
My South Dublin based client is recruiting for a Senior Systems Administrator to join the team on a perm basis working off a hybrid model. The Senior Systems Administrator will provide Level 3 support to IT operations while playing a key role in the delivery of Global IT Infrastructure projects. The Senior Systems Administrator must have strong experience in providing technical support geographically dispersed enterprise environments and must have expert level hands on experience with Microsoft Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Azure / O365 & VMWare. The Senior Systems Administrator must also have a strong background in IT networks, specifically IPAM and Cisco switching/ routing.
The role requires the successful candidate to be time-flexible, supporting a 24/7 global operational environment. This role has the opportunity for a hybrid working model. The role also presents an exciting opportunity for the candidate to work with the latest Microsoft and Cisco technologies in a dynamic and growing organisation.
- You will ensure consistent IT systems availability across the Enterprise
- You will ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of all Wintel systems and networks.
- You will monitor and analyse performance of all Wintel systems & networks and proactively remediate any risk to the IT operation.
- You will monitor the capacity of these systems, to determine its effect on performance & recommend enhancements to meet new or changing demands.
- Identify and remedy system performance bottlenecks.
- You will ensure all Wintel systems and networks, and their management and maintenance procedures are fully documented, and peer presented.
- You will ensure all changes are implemented in accordance with Change and Security Procedures
- You will work with the Business & IT functions in the design and implementation of IT projects
- You will support business initiatives by delivering projects to planned timelines and budget
- Prioritise & respond to escalated service desk tickets, ensuring that the ticket is kept updated at every step, in order that the business stakeholder is kept informed of the status of their ticket.
- Participate in on-call panel to ensure full 24/7 support of global IT operations
- Documentation and knowledge transfer of all work completed on system updates, changes & projects
- Level 3 technical support of IT environment
- Technical design and implementation of key IT infrastructure projects
- IT team member that provides 24/7 support-coverage to Operations
- Manage Service Requests and Incidents to the clients completion standards
- 5-10 Years of experience at Level 3 support in an Enterprise environment
- Experienced in team-working to achieve individual and team goal
- Self-starting individual who is willing to take ownership to deliver the end objective
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Microsoft Server
- Relevant Degree
- MCSE/CCNA preferable
Working Hours & Benefits
- 37.5 Working Week
- Hybrid Working
- 10% Bonus
- Pension – 5% Employer, 5% Employee
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Education Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work
- 80% paid paternity/maternity leave
- Tax Saver Ticket