Senior Systems Administrator
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Senior Systems Administrator to join the team on a permanent basis. This is a hybrid model.
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Senior Systems Administrator to join the team on a permanent basis. This is a hybrid model. The role will report into the IT Operations Manager. The candidate will provide Level 3 support to IT operations while playing a key role in the delivery of the global IT infrastructure projects. The candidate must be deeply experienced in providing technical support to geographically dispersed enterprise environments. They must have expert-level hands-on experience with Microsoft Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Azure/O365 and VMWare. They must also have a strong grounding in IT networks, specifically IPAM, Firewall technologies and Cisco switching/routing. The role requires the successful candidate to be time-flexible, supporting a 24/7 global operational environment. The role also presents an exciting opportunity for the candidate to work with the latest Microsoft and Cisco technologies in a dynamic and growing organisation.
- You will ensure consistent IT systems and networks availability across the Enterprise
- You will ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of all Wintel systems & networks.
- You will monitor & analyse performance of all Wintel systems and networks and proactively remediate any risk to the IT operation.
- You will monitor the capacity of these systems, to determine its effect on performance & recommend enhancements to meet new or changing demands.
- Identify and remedy system performance bottlenecks.
- You will ensure all Wintel systems & networks, & their management & maintenance procedures are fully documented, & peer presented.
- You will ensure all changes are implemented in accordance with Change & Security Procedures
- You will work with the Business and IT functions in the design & implementation of IT projects
- Support business initiatives by delivering projects to planned timelines & budget
- Prioritise & respond to service desk tickets, ensuring that the ticket is kept updated at every step, in order that the business stakeholder is kept informed of the status of their ticket.
- Participate in on-call panel to ensure full 24/7 support of global IT operations
- Documentation & knowledge transfer of all work completed on system updates, changes, & projects
- Level 3 technical support of IT environment
- Level1/2 technical support of Networks
- Technical design and implementation of key IT infrastructure projects
- IT team member that provides 24/7 support-coverage to Operations
- Manage Service Requests and Incidents to completion standards
Essential and Desirable Skills
- A min of 5 years of experience at Level 3 support in an Enterprise environment
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- MCSE/CCNA preferable
Working Hours & Benefits
- 38 Hour Working Week
- Hybrid Working
- 10% Bonus
- 24 Days Annual Leave plus Bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Laya Healthcare