Senior Software Tester
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Software Tester. This role is on a permanent basis. This role is a mix of Automation and manual testing.
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Software Tester. The role will be a mix of Automation and Manuel testing. The successful candidate should have at least 3 years experience in a similar role with an Oracle / SQL background.
– Review, understand and interpret User Requirements and Functional Specification documents and provide input as required.
– Create and/or acquire data needed for testing
– Accurately test system functionality and ensure compliance with project specification.
– Accurate recording all test activities and results
– Accurate recording and tracking of defects, using approved defect tracking procedures, and work closely with developers to achieve the resolution of those defects.
– Develop specialist system knowledge of the operating and financial reporting systems to enable complete `end to end` business process and financial understanding of each development project
– Complete all testing within the agreed timescale as per the project test plan.
– Provide knowledge transfer to end users through initial training to appointed contact/s for each department
– Support the Business sign off process (UAT) required prior to project release and provide all relevant feedback to project lead prior to release.
– Regular, correct and succinct status reporting to the Test Management Team
– Escalation of any issues relating to test efforts as and when appropriate.
– Build own knowledge base to enable comprehensive testing, including data input, for each functional area.
– Prioritization of Test tasks together with Senior TesterTest LeadManager.
– Input into development and maintenance of Test best practices
– Creation of test plan and test estimates.
– Hold a relevant third level degree and at least two year`s relevant industry or post graduate experience.
– ISTQB certified or hold other appropriate professional qualification.
– Have a solid testing background and be able to demonstrate direct experience of the following key tasks:
– Creation of test plans
– Test execution
– Reporting and resolution of defects
– Review and documentation of test results
– Strong analytical skills
– Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office ( Excel, Word)
– Oracle/SQL experience
– Web application testing
Nice to have:
– Background in financial services
– Mobile App testing
– Automation/Performance testing experience