Senior Software Engineer – Data Applications
Dublin / Hybrid
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis to develop data applications, systems, and services.
My Dublin based client is recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis. This is an international organisation that is further expanding into the Irish market. Excellent opportunity to be a part of a thriving business that is going from strength to strength.
You will build, enhance & maintain data applications, systems and services. This is a highly technical role that combines software engineering with data engineering in a variety of innovative projects that will add business value to multiple clients.
You must be a skilled software engineer who has strong experience coding in Python and has technical expertise providing data solutions within a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, or GCP).
This role is offering a very flexible hybrid model. You are free to work remotely or come into the office, based on your preference. However, you must be flexible to work on client site when required, so it is preferable that you live within commutable distance of Dublin.
- Build, develop, and deliver reliable data applications, systems, services & platforms
- Get involved in variety of projects within the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Analyse, test, and deploy code using CI/CD principles and tooling
- Deliver data pipelines & processes in a production-safe manner
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams in an Agile environment
- 5+ years’ experience as a software engineer in a data-focused environment.
- Strong experience in writing well tested object-oriented Python.
- Experience in data versioning, code optimisation, and software validation.
- Good experience with using CI/CD tooling.
- Previous experience in writing complex queries against relational and non-relational data stores.
- Usage of unit / component / integration testing
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Python programming – Essential
- Skilled in cloud solutions (either AWS, Azure, or GCP) – Essential
- Azure tools such as Databricks, Data Factory, Synapse
- AWS tools such as Redshift, Glue, Athena, S3
- Cloud Data Fusion
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, or another related field
- International company with exciting growth plans for the Dublin office
- Excellent salary package based on experience
- Opportunities to learn new technologies and industries
- Hybrid working model