Senior Software Development Manager
My West Dublin client is seeking a Senior Software Development Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Chief Technology & Operations Officer, the Head of Software Development is responsible for the delivery of key IT programmes and projects. They are involved in all aspects of project delivery, from inception through to business as usual with influence on the planning and direction of our SDLC.
- Be central to the technical design and implementation of enterprise scale solutions across a broad platform stack.
- Successfully lead, manage and motivate a team of IT engineers with responsibility for Application Development, Release Management, Test Automation and Application Support.
- Deliver existing strategy to support the development of software and monitoring systems contributing to and driving the technology direction being undertaken
- Manage the high level relationship between Software Development and other areas of IT
- Oversight and management of recruitment, staff appraisals, performance monitoring, training, staff development, team building and staff motivation.
- Guide and mentor team in driving innovation and applying best practice in the implementation of solutions.
- Drive continuous improvement in solution implementation and our delivery practices.
- Manage technical aspects of development teams to deliver full lifecycle enterprise solutions.
- Act as a role model for the team by always demonstrating the highest standards in technical design and development.
- Conduct quality reviews of our implementation to ensure they meet our high standards.
- Act as a trusted partner to management within the business in the delivery and implementation of Applications and Software.
- Manage project estimating, development planning, and workforce planning across multiple technical disciplines.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- At least 8+ years broad technical experience, including career success as a senior software developer, technical lead, and/or software development manager. This is not a hands-on software engineering role, with overall team size exceeding 70 FTE. Previous experience of managing technology teams of 40+ is a distinct advantage
- Previous relevant experience during career as a software developer is required.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and motivating individuals, teams and team leads.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of modern software development frameworks
- Familiar with concepts such as Design Patterns and OO programming.
- Experience of designing and implementing complex solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Experience of delivering and owning micro services with strong integration knowledge would be useful.
- Familiar with modern engineering practices including User Stories, Velocity, Cycle Times, Cumulative Flow, Pair Programming, BDD, TDD.
- Experience in highly scalable, highly available platforms.
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery & Automation.
- Exposure to Cloud services would be advantageous.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Previous experience of Atlasssian toolset is desirable
- Proven ability to deal with stakeholders from all levels of the organistaion.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating, and marketing skills to work with users, senior management, and external personnel on significant matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organisational lines.
- 3rd level degree in a relative IT discipline.
Working Hours & Benefits
- 40 hours per week.
- Up to 15% bonus.
- Benefits package.