Reporting to a QA Team Leader the Senior QA Analyst will be responsible for the planning, development, documentation and execution of functional requirements and system integration test plans within a Life Assurance systems environment. This position is suited to an experienced QA Test Analyst, with proven Life Assurance and QA testing experience.
Standard Quality Assurance functions covering the full software development life-cycle include:
- Developing and implementation of test plans and test scripts for verifying and validating Mainframe and Web applications.
- Executing both manual and automated test plans for existing application.
- Software testing to include functional scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error validation, defect retesting, usability and performance testing.
- Identifying, analysing and documenting defects and questionable functions in application functionality.
- Ensuring that QA operates to the highest standards including:
- Determining requirements for test case traceability and test coverage.
- Leveraging and maintaining test plans for new versions of production applications.
- Creating comprehensive test plans with well-defined, reusable test scripts for new software releases.
- Ensuring compliance with auditing and industry standards.
- Supporting Client Testing as required.
Working in conjunction with the QA Team Lead the Senior QA Analyst will also have the following responsibilities:
- Balancing the need to meet exacting standards for new developments and enhancements with the need to provide an efficient cost effective service.
- Ensuring that Regression testing is performed in a manner that recognises the risks of introducing defects into an established environment while at the same time meeting the demanding deadlines of Clients. Helping to develop our automated regression test coverage.
- Where appropriate, provide input into decisions to deliver functionality to a production environment before the completion of the associated QA work. Highlighting any particular risks and suggesting appropriate controls on production process pending completion of the QA work.
- Working closely with other colleagues within the QA team, Developers, Actuaries and CRM contacts to ensure that requirements are testable and verifiable as identified by the Client to ensure requirements traceability and delivery of expected functionality.
- Agreeing testing schedules each month using the E-PM Deliverables process, in conjunction with Team Leads and on behalf of the QA team as appropriate.
- Mentoring new starters and junior members of the QA team.
- Providing input into reviewing our SDLC processes and implementing any improvements.
It is essential that the successful candidate has:
- A detailed knowledge of the Life Insurance industry.
- Experience in testing quality standards, policies and procedures
- Certification in ISTQB Foundation Course in Software Testing
- Extensive previous, solid experience working in a Testing role.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and technical writing skills.
- Ability to interrogate business processes, analyse specifications and process models to create detailed and complex test conditions and scenarios.
It is desirable that the successful candidate has:
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, cross departmental and, on occasion, with external clients.
- Experience with the following systems is also desirable: Mainframe, MVS Operating System, TSO, SDSF, FileAid, ENDEVOR and MS SQL Server
- Experience writing and executing automated tests.
- Intermediate SQL skills