The Project Manager, within governance guidelines, is accountable for ensuring ownership, co-ordination, visibility, associated budget control and timely delivery of prioritised business change.
- Provide project leadership in order to implement initiatives into an operational status, following established release, change, and quality management principles.
- Drive projects ensuring project objectives are within agreed quality, time and cost metrics.
- Coordinate all activity on a project including business process (re)design, system design and development, training, communications, testing, business readiness & transition, rollout, handover and support.
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders.
- Create a team culture of openness, transparency and interdependence.
- Participate, lead, coach and motivate a high performance team (where applicable)
- Live, and lead by example, the organisational values.
- Manage vendors and vendor contracts to achieve deliverables and maintain a positive working relationship.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures. Knowledge & Skill
- Strong sense of urgency, being able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise where necessary.
- Ability to maintain control, professionalism and momentum in stressful situations. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and connections within the team, the business and external vendors and across the organization.
- Successful experience in change management in a large or complex organisation with particular emphasis on delivering enterprise software implementation projects in conjunction with Infrastructure delivery.
- Sound knowledge of risk management principles and practices and ways of mitigating those risks to an acceptable level.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and provide a strategic perspective.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills including the ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence with key stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, organising and planning skills with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to develop strong relationship with client stakeholders of all levels
- Proactive “can do” attitude with excellent interpersonal skills, making naturally good first impressions
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Agile and waterfall PM
- Define project scope and required business outcomes, including defined deliverables, key interdependencies and resourcing requirements. If required on smaller projects, produce the business requirements, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Write business cases for review and sign-off before project initiation. Produce and actively manage the relevant project artefacts as per the PMO framework and methodology.
- Projects are to be delivered in a manner that conforms to relevant standards and guidelines (i.e. regulatory, architectural frameworks etc.).
- Deliver projects that may span a number of areas including: application and infrastructure solutions, business optimisation projects, strategic implementation projects, operational projects and tactical projects.
- Manage and drive all aspects of a project from initiation through to operational support within timeframe and budget expectations including business readiness.
- Champion the project approval process and the Project Delivery Framework within the company and bring Stakeholders on the journey.
- Provide a single point of accountability as the principal interface for all matters affecting the project and its progress.
- Develop project budgets, monitor and report progress against these to the PMO Manager
- Actively manage the project against milestones and manage any change to the project scope, giving consideration to business outcomes.
- Provide impact assessments for changes to timings and scope within the project and ensure that change requests are managed according to defined processes and standards
- Ensure that controls and measures are in place to assure quality of deliverables.
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept well informed with accurate and timely information of progress, risks and issues
- Ensure interdependencies with other projects are maintained, managed and properly co-ordinated so that interference does not occur.
3rd Level Qualification
Working Hours & Benefits
40 Working Hours per week.