Senior IT Support Engineer – Contract
My Global Financial Services client is looking for a Contract Senior IT Support Engineer to join their team.
- Configuring and maintaining infrastructure, including support of a variety of technologies. Including testing, implementing, monitoring and tuning platforms to ensure availability and optimum systems performance;
- Delivering quality of service to internal and external customers;
- Consultancy with internal customers on security and compliance issues;
- Implementing controls to identify problems before they impact customers and systems;
- Possesses consulting, organizational transformation and change management skills;
- Ensuring effective monitoring & capacity planning of infrastructure in line with SLAs and internal procurement processes;
- Identifying, planning for, and effectively implementing lifecycle activities for your area of responsibility;
- Maintaining an up to date understanding of vulnerabilities, assess their risk, and implement solutions to protect the environment;
- Providing long term strategic input into infrastructure design and solutions, while working within the limitations of a corporate environment;
- Working closely with Project managers to ensure successful project delivery and collaboration across the department; and
- Manage changing priorities and workloads that come with day to day responsibilities and projects.
- 3rd / 4th level support capability in area of expertise, including investigation, troubleshooting, documenting, and solving critical system failures and intermittent/performance issues;
- 4+ years of experience in implementing, supporting and administering IT infrastructure in a large corporate environment;
- Willingness to mentor and teach;
- Understanding of WAN and LAN Environment (routers, firewalls, vlans – advantage: Cisco CCT or CCNA);
- Good working knowledge of Windows Server (AD&GPO, DNS,DHCP,IIS, SQL, WSUS, SharePoint), Windows 10, (advantage: MCSE, MCSA,MCITP, Azure Administrator Associate);
- Good working knowledge of Linux (advantage: RHCSA or RHCE);
- Coding or scripting experience with PowerShell, Bash, Python;
- Experience of working in cloud environment Azure and /or AWS (advantage: Azure Fundamentals or AWS Cloud Practitioner);
- Working knowledge of O365;
- Experience with Nagios, Dynatrace, Service Now; and
- Understanding ITIL processes (advantage: ITIL Foundation).