Senior IT Security Engineer
€90,000 - €110,000
I have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Senior IT Security Engineer to join a leading financial Dublin based company on a permanent basis. The role provides an exciting challenge.
- Design and implement concepts and technologies for application security across the organisation, including secure software development lifecycle management, design reviews, tool chains, quality gates and assurance processes;
- Providing information security consulting and liaison with all relevant stakeholders, in particular in the field of application security and secure software development lifecycle;
- Ensuring the effective implementation of Information Security principles and procedures, including those provided by external parties (e.g. Cloud providers) and outsourcing partners;
- Supporting business with threat modelling, software security remediation & scanning support, application security testing and/or threat assessments, perform gap and maturity assessments, participate in security champions programs, assist in driving programs/project agendas to keep business and team mates on track, etc;
- Develop comprehensive assessment-based reports outlining outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Assessing the effectiveness of security controls
- Security Risk Management;
- Reporting to Head of Governance
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in computer science), or equivalent professional experience;
- Experience in IT, 6 years+ experience in Information Security Engineer or Architect positions.
- In depth of knowledge working with risk management concepts (e.g. risk and vulnerability ratings, activities in a typical threat-risk assessment, impact/likelihood, etc);
- Experience providing software architecture security guidance, including developing application threat models and methodically protecting against business logic and design flaws that could introduce security vulnerabilities;
- Experience working with Cloud technologies, and DevOps methodology including (Jenkins, Chef, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, etc);
- Commitment to remaining up to date with the latest security protocols and principles.
- Knowledge of IT security technology, processes and architecture and good knowledge of information security management systems;
- Knowledge of PCI requirements and/or EIOPA Regulations
- Proven track record and experience in developing information security policies and procedures; and
- Proficient in English, excellent international communication skills including the ability to prepare professional documentation for various audiences and senior management.
- Familiarity with Palo Alto and/or Checkpoint firewalls, Cortex, SIEM solutions.
- Experience of security frameworks
- Hybrid Role (maximum 2 days per week in the office)
- Lunch Allowance