Senior IT Project Manager
My Dublin based client is actively recruiting a Senior IT Project Manager to join their team for a daily rate contract (6-12 months).
- Responsible for the management of multiple interrelated projects ensuring successful program outcomes by using best in practice program/project management standards.
- Have an ability to work at a macro level in terms of defining the strategic roadmap for a particular large program of work
- To impart Project Management standards and knowledge to other PMO team members through leading, guiding and motivation.
- Responsible for creating clear and attainable program and project objectives, developing clear goals and managing scope, cost, time, quality and stakeholder management.
- Oversees all aspects of program and project information including business requirement documentation, stakeholder analysis, timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition of project(s).
- Determine the optimum logical projects breakdown within a program clearly understanding the project interdependencies.
- Manage all aspects of the implementation of programs and projects from end to end including any and all phases of the project life cycle while incorporating SDLC practices that are suitable for each project.
- Work closely with relevant departments to manage assigned programs and projects in line with business and program/project objectives.
- Regular reporting, chairing and minute taking of key meetings and communication of progress.
- Program/Project cost management including effort estimating and managing baseline versus actual costs.
- Store and publish all reports and other documents throughout a project lifecycle in PMO SharePoint repository.
- Compile program/project status reports for all interrelated projects as applicable.
- Maintain a Lessons Learned Knowledgebase.
- Give oversight to the delivery of a number of projects in the PMO portfolio focusing on supporting the assigned project manager with the day-to-day challenges and in providing a level of governance and control to the delivery through close monitoring of outputs as per the defined delivery methodology
- Assist in the stage gate reviews of a number of agreed projects in the PMO portfolio.
- Focus main attention on reducing risk significantly by adhering to a policy of open communication, ensuring that project participants can voice their opinions and concerns.
- Proactively manage risk mitigation strategy and ensure risks are handed over for operational management when the project goes live.
- Strives to maintain the progress and mutual interaction and tasks of various parties in such a way that reduces the risk of overall failure, maximises benefits and reduces costs.
- Agree a communication process at the beginning of all projects.
- Responsible for gathering all necessary information from the change initiator prior to presenting to governance teams.
- Monitoring any change reviews and following up on all approved changes including disseminating new project documents.
- 3 + years- experience of relevant Program Management experience, plus 6 years of senior project management experience.
- Experience in defining appropriate program governance (controls) for large programs to smaller projects.
- Proven track record in delivering on-time, on budget programs and projects.
- Strong commercial acumen, ability to manage large program/project budgets
- Excellent understanding and experience of using software delivery methodologies (waterfall and agile)
- Track record of developing ongoing PMO (Maturity) process improvements
- Experience of coaching and mentoring project managers of all levels
- Experience in facilitating business stakeholders in strategic / planning workshops
- Confident in contributing to healthy challenges to all levels of business for greater outcomes
- Proven ability to deliver complex infrastructure/software solutions into a mission critical operational environment
- Excellent track record in the management of 3rd party suppliers by holding them to account to their delivery responsibilities.
- Demonstrates track record of managing a team-s performance targets and including outputs from other project managers.
- Track record of meeting targets on daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- Strong ability to work at a detailed level whilst being able to extract the appropriate level of information to senior management;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and provide expertise on correct meeting etiquette.
- Proven track record of project/program execution ability with varying degrees of complex integrations with other systems.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Accountable for ensuring that everyone on the team understand his or her deliverable.
- Responsible for motivating others in the project team by using an engaging communication style.
- Be an effective leader by coaching and mentoring project team members as required.
- Show a positive attitude and lead by example.
- Build exemplary relationships with your peers, colleagues and manager.
- Support colleagues and build the right culture.
- Mentor other project managers with an emphasis on inducting new PM-s into the company.
- Share knowledge with colleagues and with clients.
- Be flexible and have the ability to adapt to different situations, customers and business needs.
- Accreditation (PMP, Degree, Dip, PMBOK, PRINCE2) or other relevant accreditation