Senior IT Project Manager
My Dublin based client currently requires an experienced Senior IT Project Manager to join their team in a permanent role.
People, Leadership & Culture
- Understand the objectives of the organisation and play a key role in the development of an department
- Represent the department across the organisation, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Support Programme Managers in implementing best-in-class methodologies to ensure a standardisation of managing projects
- Manage specific projects independently
- Ensure team performance is at peak level
- Strong relationship building to ensure elivery of goals.
Ensuring Excellence and Quality
- Manage projects in a standardised and efficient manner in line with the overall strategic transformation programme and under the PMO methodology
- Raise risks, issues, dependencies and conflicts and propose solutions
- Motivate and engage the project team in delivering on tasks
- Manage communications for the project
- Produce superior quality project plans and reports to reflect progress of project
- Plan project meetings, user groups and other groups as required
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating the design, implementation and integrity of the technical aspects for the ICT projects under the company strategic transformation programme. This includes accountability for; infrastructure, communications, databases, end-user devices, medical device integration, third party system integration, data migration, security, access and system support activities
- Development and management of technical project plans, as well as tracking and communicating the status of the technical streams of the ICT Programme
- Manage project risks, issues and scope within the governance structure ensuring appropriate reporting, escalation and approvals.
- Take the lead in preparing, reviewing and seeking endorsement of key project documents.
- Accountable for the project budget, procurement and vendor management.
- Responsible for balancing the project schedule, scope, budget and resources across multiple teams to ensure optimal project outcomes and timelines are achieved
Essential and Desirable Skills
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following minimum requirements:
- Project management experience at a senior level with a minimum of 5 years and industry recognised qualification
- Extensive experience and a record of achievement in leading and managing critical, highly complex and/or large technical bespoke ICT projects
- Good understanding of continuous integration build, release and change management, incident management and production support processes
- Strong vendor management experience
- A sound understanding of the underlying technologies involved in project implementations such as Active Directory, Windows, Citrix, FIM, Wintel, VMWare and SSO would be highly regarded
- Knowledge and experience of Platform and Storage, Networks, Service Management, Architecture and Engineering, Data technologies, Cloud Platforms, Collaboration technologies, Digital Web and Middleware.
- Experience implementing SAAS, applications and/or off the shelf software in an external data centre highly desirable
- Highly developed interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with extensive experience collaborating and engaging key stakeholders to influence and achieve optimal business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multidisciplinary team, including building and maintaining high performance teams, to deliver high quality, customer focused outcomes
- Ability to plan and prioritise work activities and use time efficiently
- Solutions driven, problem solver with a “can do” attitude
- Primary degree in Information Technology or similar technical discipline
Working Hours & Benefits
- 40 Hours Per Week
- Full Health Insurance Cover for you and dependants
- 26 Days Annual Leave
- Annual bonus of up to 15%