Senior Infrastructure Consultant
€500 - €550
Our Dublin based client is looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer with a specialism and knowledge around VMware and Datacenters. 6 month daily rate contract role
Senior Infrastructure Engineer (VMware)
Our Dublin based client is looking for an experienced and Senior Infrastructure Engineer with a specialism and knowledge around VMware and Datacentres. This client operates a remote working basis with occasional visits to the office or a client site
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take end to end ownership and responsibility of the automated delivery of cloud services.
- Utilise existing knowledge to develop and design VMware infrastructure and solutions.
- Maintain adherence to Best Practice procedures.
- Implement necessary governance controls.
- Work alongside a range of colleagues including architects and engineers to meet business objectives.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a similar position
- Previous knowledge in working with DataCentre and Private cloud technologies.
- Demonstrable ability to architect VMware Infrastructure
- Must have experience with at least one of the following coding languages: Ansible, Terraform or Python
- Knowledge of Network management (both Virtual and Physical)
- Prior experience in cross platform migrations
- Existing knowledge of CI/CD pipeline experience – Jira/bamboo
- Previous exposure to L2 and L3 switching and routing procedures.
- Strong communication and the ability to communicate with stakeholders.
- Relevant 3rd level degree from a recognised institutio