Senior DevOps Engineer
My client is a leading Fintech firm based Dublin South and they are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their existing software Development and DevOps team on a permanent basis.
This is an excellent client who enjoys working on exciting and innovative projects. The offer flexi-hours/ home working options and a full benefits package and car parking.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security using best in class cloud security solutions.
- You should have 3+ years of software development experience, with strong recent experience with cloud software development
- Have a proven track record of successful AWS design & deployment of large scale, highly available distributed services. (3+ years)
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting and automation skills
- Experience with Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration
- Experience with system monitoring tools
- Database administration experience (MySQL, MS SQL Server)
- Experience working within an Agile software development environment.
- Good communication skills to liaise with various departments and colleagues efficiently
- Good Team Worker and attitude to take responsibility for own tasks.
Essentials and Desirable:
- Experience with security suite products.
- Fundamentals of DB administration experience (MySQL, MS SQL Server)
Working Hours and Benefits:
- Standard working hours