Senior Business Analyst – Mortgages
My Dublin City based Financial Services client is seeking a Senior Business Analyst with experience of working on Mortgage projects, to join their team for an initial 6-12 month contract.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time :
- Support the day-to-day needs of Mortgage Lending by providing data analysis, project deliverables, risk management and operational needs to achieve strategic objectives.
- Perform analysis of findings and trends using statistics, modeling, process documentation and profitability analysis.
- Determine and recommend the most appropriate response to identified complex problems, issues and/or defects by assessing impact and prioritization.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including but not limited to, Origination, Servicing, Secondary Marketing, Mortgage Lending Administration, Risk Management Organization, Model Risk Management, Internal Audit, external auditors and consultants to elicit business needs, gather requirements and offer solutions.
- Prioritize analysis of exceptions, findings, reports, processes, controls and technology for optimum deployment of mortgage resources for increasing profitability and reducing risk.
- Direct, execute and coordinate project, analyses, and reporting requirements across a geographically dispersed team, under the direction of senior leadership; maintain accurate documentation of reporting requirements, statuses, issues and milestones.
- Monitor profitability and make recommendations for growth and/or contraction to improve profitability.
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs across the Mortgage company; serve as an internal consultant.
- Develop competitive industry studies, key performance indicator (KPI) metrics and key risk indicator (KRI) metrics.
- Prepare in-depth cause and effect analyses on complex financial, operational and credit issues.
- Effectively summarize and present findings and project results to Mortgage leadership.
- Engage with subject matter experts (SMEs), business partners, technology group and others to develop clear and accurate reporting and process maps.
- Serve as the key business partner supporting technology senior management and other internal stakeholders with financial insight, operational support and analysis.
- Direct and delegate work to other Mortgage Lending Business Analysts to optimize deployment of work and project resources.
- Analyze mortgage data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization.-
- Demonstrate an organized, efficient, detail-oriented and creative mind in all work activities.-
- Perform work with autonomy.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent education and related training.
- One year of specialized knowledge in the mortgage and banking industry.
- Excellent decision-making and verbal skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex data and deliver findings in a simple and easy to read format.
- Demonstrated ability to listen, ask questions and comprehend new or complex matters.
- Ability to develop strategic recommendations based on relevant data and in partnership with senior team members.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with ability to manage time wisely and work on multiple projects at a time.
- Flexibility to adapt to frequently changing priorities and projects.
- Capable of interacting with team members and management of all levels.
- Strong presentation skills to present materials and facilitate discussions.
- Ability to look beyond symptoms to identify root causes of problems and potential solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively and exhibit influence without direct control.
- 3rd Level Degree preferred
Working Hours & Benefits
- 40 hour working week
- Excellent Daily Rate