Senior Automation Tester (DevOps)
My client is currently recruiting for a Senior QA Engineer (DevOps) to join the team on a permanent basis. This role comes a very attractive salary and benefits package.
My client is currently recruiting for a Senior QA Engineer (DevOps) to join the team on a permanent basis. This role comes a very attractive salary and benefits package. The successful candidate will design, develop and execute automated tests.
- Review requirements, spec’s & technical design documents.
- Create detailed & well-structured test plans and cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan & coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop & execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly & also track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop & apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Work in a global team delivering Cloud & DevOps automation
- Work with Production Operations team to support QA for continuous integration, continuous delivery, deployment & maintenance tooling.
- Work with Security team to support QA for security automation & security monitoring to ensure highly secure operations.
- Work closely with other Development & Operations teams to understand complex product requirements & translate them into automated QA solutions.
- Document / Present Cloud DevOps QA practices to internal team & wider teams to promote the same.
- 6-8 years of working with enterprise cloud software projects
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools & processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise & comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box & black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Good understanding of cloud architecture
- Strong knowledge of public cloud offerings (preferably AWS) on network, security, compute, storage & continuous integration
- Strong knowledge of Cloud security & application management
Essential and Desirable Skills
- CV REST API
- AWS certifications – Nice to have
- Broad Enterprise systems experience including Relational Databases (Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL,…), Java Web Servers (Tomcat, Weblogic, Jboss …), modular systems (OSGI, microservices, …)
- Hands-on experience leading the QA strategy design, development and execution of enterprise software at scale.
Bachelor’s Degree degree or equivalent; Computer Science background preferred
Working Hours & Benefits
25 days annual leave
Full healthcare for self and dependents