Research Scientist/ Engineer
My Dublin based client is looking to add a research engineer to their team for work on mission critical systems.
The successful candidate will work in a highly skilled team environment to develop and launch excellent solutions for current and future client systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop new technology from concept phase to production including design, prototyping, testing/validation and sustaining.
- Organise and execute investigations to assess the suitability or applicability of new/existing technologies for the client.
- Keep abreast of relevant scientific developments and liaise with outside bodies such as Universities/Research Institutes to identify and develop new emerging relevant research and technologies.
- Some travel to visit customer sites for prototype evaluation, existing product performance evaluation and systems debugging.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong quantitative modelling and analysis skills.
- Masters or PhD in Engineering or Science discipline.
- Ability to participate in or lead scientific research projects.
- Solid experience with Python or Matlab.
- Experience with project management techniques a plus.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Background with the following a plus; vision systems, machine learning, spectroscopy.