Dublin City Centre
€70,000 - €75,000
Experienced Software Release Engineer required for an excellent Financial Services client based in Dublin.
Senior Release Engineer:
Job / Role Overview
This client is currently in the process of progressive growth within the organisation and now requires a 2nd Release Manager to join their existing and expanding team.
Release Manager Duties:
- Be hands on Technical Manager being able to code, program and at the same being able to co-ordinate, manage release projects.
- Work within our Release and Environments Management Team – Managing Releases, Building Environments, automating release process and supporting multiple teams.
- Functionally manage project and production environments in relation to software releases and software change management.
- Work closely with the Development, QA and Operations Teams on all software builds/releases and environments support.
- Promote best practices of release and environments management – DevOps.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders, external vendors, to facilitate orderly roll out, testing and sign-off of software releases across complex suite of test environments.
Your position will be a mix of both strategic and hands on, allowing you ownership across multiple enterprise level technology platforms in a fast paced Financial Services environment managing end to end release platforms and cycles.
- Manage coding and release workshops.
- Providing release governance across multiple development and infrastructure projects.
- Monitoring and approval of releases and change requests.
- Coordinate releases including pre-release checks, validation of release change sets, release schedule, code freeze, etc.
- Improving processes around environments and supporting efficient usage and delivery of test environments.
- Management of development and production environments.
SCM / Build Management
- Delivering best practices under SCM / Version control.
- Automating the build, Continuous Integration (CI)
Configuration and Deployment Management
- Tracking and monitoring of defects associated with code deployments
- Ownership of the deployment (code and configuration) process across systems
- Automating deployment process across multiple platforms and systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- At least 3-4 years of experience as a release / configuration / build engineer.
- More than 5 years of experience in Release Management.
- Experience in Build tools including – Subversion, Maven/Ant
- Strong exposure / experience on Continuous Integration (automated/manual) – Jenkins
- Automation experience – Deployment automation, configuration management automation – using Python, Windows PowerShell, Unix shell scripting
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (Waterfall, Scrum, TDD).
- Exposure to Application Servers – Oracle Web logic (11g), IBM Web Sphere
- Testing Tools exposure – HP Quality Centre, Selenium, Load runner
- Application Lifecycle Management tools and process (Microsoft TFS, Jira, Serena Team Track, Serena Business Manager, etc.)